Thursday, February 10, 2022

Neil Gaiman's Chivalry Illustrated by Colleen Doran - This was such a wonderful pick me up after a long day!

 

This was an adorably funny story about an old woman who comes across the Holy Grail in a thrift shop. Deciding it would look perfect on her mantle she purchases it and brings it home only to have Sir Galahad show up looking for it. Bartering ensues. 


I loved the story, I laughed out loud several times and Mrs. Whitaker was such a sweetheart. But I think what I really loved the most about this was actually Doran's explanation of what a labor of love this was at the end. I truly appreciated it more after reading that. Especially just how much thought she had put into the art styles she would use. And it all paid off beautifully because the illustrations are wonderful! I think the styles that she finally settled on fit the story perfectly!


A huge thank you to Edelweiss and Penguin Random House for the eArc of this graphic novel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dreadful Splendor by B.R. Myers

  Jenny Timmons has been surviving by being a con artist for as long as she can remember, "inheriting" her mother's once-thriv...