Thursday, March 10, 2022

#TheFairyUniverse by Olivier Ledroit - An absolutely gorgeous and humorous look at the lives of Fairies

 

Artbooks are some of my favorites, the problem is finding places on my shelves to display them and after reading this one I'll have to make room for it! 


The Fairy Universe is a unique and humorous look at the different fairies of the world. From Oberon to Elfezer (my personal favorite was Elfezer) each of the fairies in this book is presented to us with a beautiful drawing and a funny little tidbit of who they are and what their role is. 


I really cannot get past the art in this book though, it is absolutely phenomenal, I would say on par with Yoshitaka Amano which is probably the highest compliment I can possibly give an artist. Some of the pages I spent at least five minutes just trying to find each little creature hiding in the background. 


I want to thank Netgalley and the people at Diamond Book Distributors for allowing me to read this wonderful eArc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dreadful Splendor by B.R. Myers

  Jenny Timmons has been surviving by being a con artist for as long as she can remember, "inheriting" her mother's once-thriv...