Friday, April 8, 2022

A Daydream a Day by Ivan Tu - My day is just a little better because I read this

 

I planned to give this book to my kids after reviewing it, it is an inspirational collection of poems directed towards children and teens so who better to have it than my children? I decided after reading it that I'm keeping it and they can get their own copy! 


I found these to be much deeper than I had expected and Tu accomplishes what the book set out to do: Be Inspiring. And for children or teens, that's exactly what it is. As an adult I found many of the poems to be a pleasant reminder of the person I set out to be when I was young. So this copy is headed to my bookshelf right next to my old beat-up copy of The Last Lecture and I have a feeling it will be read as often as Pausch's book is. And yup, I have a favorite, actually a few but if I had to pick one it would be Tied Down, which is in the first section of the book. 



Overall, I would recommend picking this up for yourself or your children if you are in need of a little inspiration.


I'd also like to sincerely thank the author for my copy of the book in exchange for this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dreadful Splendor by B.R. Myers

  Jenny Timmons has been surviving by being a con artist for as long as she can remember, "inheriting" her mother's once-thriv...