Wednesday, June 1, 2022

My Top 10 books so far this year - Edited

 



Can you believe it!? Just four books away from hitting 150 for the year! In honor of this pretty amazing achievement, if I do say so myself, I've updated my top ten books for the year! Let's see how many survived from the first top 10 way back in March! 

And again these are in no particular order!


There was no way this one was not going to make the list. Still one of my favorite books of all time!

The Fervor is officially out for purchase now and if you haven't read this exceptional story yet I can't recommend running out and grabbing a copy more!


Another one that made the list again. I really should be updating this with the last one in the series, but I still haven't read it yet. I kinda don't want to finish it, this has been such a fantastic series I don't want it to end. 

This book has piggy bombs what more can I say!? Honestly, just good bloody fun and an interesting take on the classic Seven Samurai!


The Siren Queen is a hauntingly beautiful tale truly one of the best books I have ever read, not just of the year. 

I just love this series! Land of the Dead is a solid addition to this hilarious series featuring Bram Stoker and Oscar Wilde, this one is a nod to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein featuring a mad scientist who has figured out how to bring people back from the dead!


A beautiful story about the people that brought us stories. This was such a heartfelt and wonderful look at the lives of the people who wrote the fairy tales that we know and love that I cried a little bit at the end. 

If I could pick one book to read like I'd never read it before it would be this one. An amazing fantasy adventure book full of magic, jinns, and assassins it is absolutely unputdownable!



For me there is nothing better than a book that simply defies classification. Crime Writer is 100% that book. Part murder mystery, part thriller, a little bit of romance, some fantasy, and a perfectly incorporated story of introspection Crime Writer is an absolute must-read!

This season's break-out anime is just as adorable in its manga form! The daily life of the Forger Family is the warm hug we all need after a very bad day. One of the few manga/anime series that has universal appeal if you aren't watching/reading this yet I suggest you get on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dreadful Splendor by B.R. Myers

  Jenny Timmons has been surviving by being a con artist for as long as she can remember, "inheriting" her mother's once-thriv...